Friday, November 10, 2006

Good old navy days!


Someone recently sent me a picture of himself in an army getup.Now, there is definitely something to be said about men in uniform!Now before everyone starts getting ideas, let me explain.
I've always secretly felt that I should have stuck it out in the Navy even if it was in a country as backward in weaponry as Malaysia....I still remember the good old days as a rookie cadet and then right when I should have gone on to become an officer, college beckoned and then medical school for which I had to go abroad.Sigh!
Eversince, I always take a second look when anyone is dressed in fatigues....even if it is a woman.I think they look so cool!
I had such a nostalgic day thinking about the good ole days as a cadet and as soon as I got home started digging my old trunk to look for some old pics....lemme put up one up eventhough I shudder even now at how aweful I look!Gosh, I hope my friends don't disown me after seeing me!
The above pics was taken while we were on our way to one of our camps in the early 90s.I still remember clearly the excitement our convoy of trucks (about 8 all in all including officers,cadets,trainees and some top guys in their cushy army jeeps) caused while making our way to the northern region to an army reserve for a 3 day camp....
One of my best buddies, Farah stuck it out and now she's an army doc and has been to more places and helped out more people than I ever could.When I see her in uniform I still get shivers and I know you're gonna get a kick when you read this Farah, as someone who has been presuading me time after time to join the Navy even now.....sometimes i wish......