Sunday, April 23, 2006

I smell nice thanks to....


....."Promesse"!(my last birthday gift from my sis Nihad)
The nicest compliment I'd ever gotten in a long time was from a 6 year old patient of mine who greeted me yesterday with a,"you're the nicest smelling doc with the nicest smile ever!"Boy.....did it make my day!

Anyways, what has prompted me to write about my perfume???

As mentioned earlier went for a wedding yesterday.
Since I don't consume alcohol I was the designated driver so imagine a car loaded with 4 women(including me!) all decked and perfumed to kill!I mean literally!
I almost gagged and passed out by the time we got ourselves to the ballroom.....and needed to take a few deep breaths before I seated myself at my table for the sumptous meal.Even then it took me a while to start enjoying my meal!

Why do people do it???

Drench themselves with perfume??

Silly question....all I have to do is probably just ask my sisters/mom/dad all of whom have given me perfumes as gifts one after another (hey....was it a subtle way of telling me something??) and who are big fans of huge bottles over overpowering scents made to make faiza's tummy churn and who cannot fathom how someone (insert "Me") could use a whole bottle of perfume for more than a year and still have more than half the bottle leftover!

Hmmmm.....still.....I smell good and I know at least I do not make other's stomach churn!

Thank God for an ultrasensitive olfactory bulb!