Monday, December 05, 2005

The irony of it.....

Well, this isn't funny and in fact am really upset it happened to me.....but I can't help feeling so ridiculous that it ever happened at all!
Realized yesterday that my licence had actually expired about 2 weeks ago (yeah...been bravely driving with that and if at all a cop had stopped me...which has happened to me a couple of times, I'd quickly whip out my Doctor's ID card which I always have in my car and get away with it!)....
So anyways asked my colleague to cover me this morning and was on my way to get it renewed when this dumbass came and knocked my car....and it wasn't just a simple dent, my whole front passenger seat door caved in!Mind you this whole scenario took place just outside the hospital!The guy wanted to settle it out and not involve the cops but I was like no way!Then again I remembered that my licence had already expired and I would be in hot soup if the traffic cops came or if we went to the cops to report it.But I'd need to get a police report for my insurance claim......Imagine my predicament!
So this wierdo for some reason just wanted my phone number and took off as soon as he could...I could only come to the conclusion that he probably didn't have a licence either or that he was running away in a stolen car!
Whatever!
So I rushed off and got my licence renewed and then went to the cops and reported the crash....he looked at me funny at one point when he skimmed through my licence but I just put up the sorriest and the most pathetic expression ever that I could muster.I guess it worked in my favour cause then we both quickly went through the whole ordeal and he even asked me out for a drink!
I guess I have to be thankful that nothing really happened to me and even though it's gonna cost me (the car!)....it's a lesson learnt for me....never procastinate things till last minute(I'm a champion in that!).